The current structure of Voice Calls in India is differently priced across all the 22 circles as affordability varies in each market. Further spectrum costs in each market are different and are a key criterion for setting their tariffs as well. Even though the headline rates are common across operators on a nationwide basis, there is widespread use of special tariff vouchers. The extent of discounting via special tariff vouchers determines the difference between the national headline tariffs and local tariffs as illustrated here for Idea Cellular.
The Scam Scarred Congress Government which is greedy for power is Continue reading Why Mobile Operators Oppose Free Romaing / Uniform PAN India Pricing?
If media reports are to be believed [We’ve not yet heard directly from Aircel AP Circle], Aircel became the first operator to launch One Nation, One Rate Plan for Roaming customers in Andhra Pradesh Circle. What does Aircel One Nation, One Rate Offer ?
- Cost of the Special Roaming Pack is Rs 25
- In-line with our recommendation to the TRAI, Aircel has made all On-Net Incoming Calls FREE.
- Outgoing Voice Calls will be at the Home circle Rates [1 Paise / Second or whatever your plan is] while roaming in circles where Aircel is present.
- Outgoing SMS Tariff is astoundingly high at Rs 1 / SMS [What about SMS pack ?, Awaiting more information on the same] We recommended to the TRAI that this should be the first charge / tariff that the consumers be liberated from
Since the network cost to send / receive a SMS is paltry compared to voice calls, Home Area or Roaming Area for the purpose of SMS, Operators must be made to treat it as Home Area SMS Only including any benefits of a SMS Packs the customer may have availed.
- Wireless Data – Home Circle Rates while Continue reading Aircel One Nation, One Rate Plan Roaming – Accepts our Recommendation Partially