Mobile services still constitute majority of the revenues with Enterprise Services gaining traction. Airtel reported a profit of Rs 20bn for Q1 FY09 up 25.7% compared to Q1 of last FY. Here is a quick summary of the results,
- Mobile Customers increased to 69.38 mn at the end of June-08 commanding a 24.2% all India wireless subscribers market share.
- Mobile ARPU decreased to Rs 350 from Rs 357 a quarter ago. However we have a positive surprise, Minutes of usage went up from 507 to 534.
- EBITDA margin for the segment declined ~480 bps sequentially to 30.7%, jump in network operating costs (up 11% Q-o-Q) seem to be the key reasons for the decline in margins.
- Airtel’s wireline service now spans 94 Indian cities serving 2.393 mn customers with ARPU / Month of Rs 1,138. DSL broadband customer base stood at 0.853m at the end of June-08. It was also voted as the Best ISP in the PC World Broadband Survey.
- Carrier Enterprise Services recorded a growth of of 70% over the corresponding quarter last year.
Unfortunately missed the Con Call, waiting for the transcripts to see if any aggressive investment plans for WiMax or Broadband in the forthcoming quarters.